Expert advice needed on C++ errors while doing make

Discussion in 'C++' started by Amit_Basnak, Nov 16, 2006.

  1. Amit_Basnak

    Amit_Basnak Guest

    Dear friends
    I am in the process of creating the new server binary for Systinet
    Server for C++. I did make all and I am getting C++ error which Im
    posting below

    $ make all
    Error 419: "../interop/java/impl.h", line 14 # 'Barn_BarnServiceImpl'
    is used as a type, but has not been defined as a type.
    class BarnServerImpl : public Barn_BarnServiceImpl {
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Error 376: "../interop/java/impl.h", line 14 # Class name expected.
    class BarnServerImpl : public Barn_BarnServiceImpl {
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Error 419: "../interop/java/impl.h", line 16 # 'Barn_CowArray' is used
    as a type, but has not been defined as a type.
    Barn_CowArray *cows;
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Error 20: "../interop/java/impl.h", line 18 # '[' expected before '*'.
    Barn_Cow *findCowWithID (Barn_CowArray *where, WASP_LongLong
    id);
    ^
    Error 19: "../interop/java/impl.h", line 18 # Unexpected
    'WASP_LongLong'.
    Barn_Cow *findCowWithID (Barn_CowArray *where, WASP_LongLong
    id);
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Error 24: "../interop/java/impl.h", line 18 # '(' expected instead of
    ';'.
    Barn_Cow *findCowWithID (Barn_CowArray *where, WASP_LongLong id);
    ^
    Error 22: "../interop/java/impl.h", line 19 # Syntax error.
    Barn_Cow *cloneCow (Barn_Cow *cow);
    ^
    Error 419: "../interop/java/impl.h", line 25 # 'Barn_ArrayOflong' is
    used as a type, but has not been defined as a type.
    virtual void slaughterCows (Barn_ArrayOflong * p0);
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Error 20: "../interop/java/impl.h", line 26 # ':' expected before '*'.
    virtual Barn_ArrayOfdouble * actualMilkYield (Barn_ArrayOflong
    * p0);
    ^
    Error 172: "../interop/java/impl.h", line 26 # Undeclared variable
    'Barn_ArrayOflong'.
    virtual Barn_ArrayOfdouble * actualMilkYield (Barn_ArrayOflong
    * p0);
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Error 335: "../interop/java/impl.h", line 26 # ANSI C and C++ do not
    allow named bitfield with zero width.
    virtual Barn_ArrayOfdouble * actualMilkYield (Barn_ArrayOflong
    * p0);
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Error 334: "../interop/java/impl.h", line 26 # Bitfield width cannot be
    larger than the size of its type '<no type>'.
    virtual Barn_ArrayOfdouble * actualMilkYield (Barn_ArrayOflong
    * p0);
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Error 699: "../interop/java/impl.h", line 26 # Error limit reached;
    halting compilation.
    virtual Barn_ArrayOfdouble * actualMilkYield (Barn_ArrayOflong
    * p0);
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    *** Error exit code 2

    I checked the impl.h file and which seems to be OK .
    The impl.h file is as below
    /* Copyright 2001-2005 Systinet Corp. All rights reserved. */
    /* Use is subject to license terms. */

    #ifndef __WASP_DEMO_BARN_SERVICE_H
    #define __WASP_DEMO_BARN_SERVICE_H

    #include <waspc/config/config.h>

    #include <waspc/util/exceptions.h>

    // Generated code includes
    #include "../java/barnImpl.h"

    class BarnServerImpl : public Barn_BarnServiceImpl {

    Barn_CowArray *cows;

    Barn_Cow *findCowWithID (Barn_CowArray *where, WASP_LongLong id);
    Barn_Cow *cloneCow (Barn_Cow *cow);

    public:
    BarnServerImpl();
    virtual ~BarnServerImpl();

    virtual void slaughterCows (Barn_ArrayOflong * p0);
    virtual Barn_ArrayOfdouble * actualMilkYield (Barn_ArrayOflong *
    p0);
    virtual Barn_ArrayOfCow * cowsForSlaughter ();
    virtual Barn_ArrayOfCow * getCows (Barn_ArrayOflong * p0);
    virtual double barnRating ();
    virtual Barn_Cow * theBestCow ();
    virtual Barn_ArrayOfCow * getAllCows ();

    };

    #endif // __WASP_DEMO_BARN_SERVICE_H

    can someone please guide me in the right direction i resolving these
    errors ?

    Thanks
    Amit
    Amit_Basnak, Nov 16, 2006

  2. * Amit_Basnak:

    > $ make all
    > Error 419: "../interop/java/impl.h", line 14 # 'Barn_BarnServiceImpl'
    > is used as a type, but has not been defined as a type.
    > class BarnServerImpl : public Barn_BarnServiceImpl {
    > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    > ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > /* Copyright 2001-2005 Systinet Corp. All rights reserved. */
    > /* Use is subject to license terms. */
    >
    > #ifndef __WASP_DEMO_BARN_SERVICE_H
    > #define __WASP_DEMO_BARN_SERVICE_H
    >
    > #include <waspc/config/config.h>
    >
    > #include <waspc/util/exceptions.h>
    >
    > // Generated code includes
    > #include "../java/barnImpl.h"

    This include file should define the missing types. Possibly this
    include file must be generated by some JNI tool.

    --
    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is it such a bad thing?
    Alf P. Steinbach, Nov 16, 2006

  3. Amit_Basnak

    Amit_Basnak Guest

    Thanks Alf P. Steinbach for your comments.
    Well barnImpl.h was generated by wsdl compiler for SOAP using Systinet
    Server. Impl.h was already present. The thing I dont understand is how
    come JNI is been used in this as this is all C++ code. Could you please
    eleborate on this more ?

    Thanks for your time
    Amit

    Amit_Basnak, Nov 16, 2006
  4. * Amit_Basnak:
    > [top-posting, quoting extranous material, quoting signature]

    Please don't top-post in this group. Please quote only what's relevant
    for your follow-up. Please don't quote signatures.

    Corrected.

    * Amit_Basnak:
    >> This include file should define the missing types. Possibly this
    >> include file must be generated by some JNI tool.
    >>
    >>> class BarnServerImpl : public Barn_BarnServiceImpl {

    > Thanks Alf P. Steinbach for your comments.
    > Well barnImpl.h was generated by wsdl compiler for SOAP using Systinet
    > Server. Impl.h was already present. The thing I dont understand is how
    > come JNI is been used in this as this is all C++ code. Could you please
    > eleborate on this more ?

    The path "../java/barnImpl.h" indicates JNI.

    --
    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is it such a bad thing?
    Alf P. Steinbach, Nov 16, 2006