expert needed - view source

tom watson

I have wriiten a simple page that includes an image. The page works OK, I
can view it in IE6 on my local machine and so fr so good.

When I upload the file. The image is not there. When I look at the source
code (on the uploaded page) The line which refer to the image source is
gone.

I use dreamweaver to FTP. Anyone help.

EightNineThree

tom watson said:
I have wriiten a simple page that includes an image. The page works OK, I
can view it in IE6 on my local machine and so fr so good.

When I upload the file. The image is not there. When I look at the source
code (on the uploaded page) The line which refer to the image source is
gone.

I use dreamweaver to FTP. Anyone help.

Every Monday the regulars at alt.html take their crystal balls to the dry
cleaners.
You'll have to give us an URL to the page.

tom watson

--
:) I know you need to see the url, but what I want to show does not upload.

EightNineThree

tom watson said:
OK,
:) I know you need to see the url, but what I want to show does not upload.

The whole page doesn't upload? I thought it was just the images.
See, if you gave us the URL, then we could go to it, view the source code,
and point out the problem.
This is the much preferred method, instead of guessing.

tom watson

EightNineThree said:
The whole page doesn't upload? I thought it was just the images.
See, if you gave us the URL, then we could go to it, view the source code,
and point out the problem.
This is the much preferred method, instead of guessing.

--

I understand, i did not say the whole page does not load, just the code I
want to show. the code refers to the image.

I have rewritten the whole thng from scratch and it seems to work OK.

I was trying to find out what was wrong for future reference. Have I made a
mistake with HTMl or is soemthing wring with DMX or my host?

EightNineThree

tom watson said:
I understand, i did not say the whole page does not load, just the code I
want to show. the code refers to the image.

I have rewritten the whole thng from scratch and it seems to work OK.

I was trying to find out what was wrong for future reference. Have I made a
mistake with HTMl or is soemthing wring with DMX or my host?

Again, without seeing it, who can know?
Still, 99.99% of the time, it would be operator error.

Hywel Jenkins

tom watson said:
I understand, i did not say the whole page does not load, just the code I
want to show. the code refers to the image.

I have rewritten the whole thng from scratch and it seems to work OK.

I was trying to find out what was wrong for future reference. Have I made a
mistake with HTMl or is soemthing wring with DMX or my host?

Probably your fault. As EightNineThree said, without seeing the page
we can't help you.