Experts Only! How do you fix this problem?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Richard, Dec 20, 2004.

  1. Richard

    Richard Guest

    Richard, Dec 20, 2004

  2. Richard

    Kris Guest

    In article <>,
    "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote:

    > http://geocities.com/r_bullis/sample.jpg
    >
    > As you can see, in firefox, the text has been overly enlarged and now is
    > outisde the environment of the divisions.
    > So what's the cure experts?

    Set the width of the divisions in em units.

    --
    Kris
    <> (nl)
    Kris, Dec 20, 2004

  3. In article <>, Anonymous@127.001 says...
    > http://geocities.com/r_bullis/sample.jpg
    >
    > As you can see, in firefox, the text has been overly enlarged and now is
    > outisde the environment of the divisions.

    Brilliant, RtS. Where's the code, dumbass?

    > So what's the cure experts?

    Euthanasia.

    --
    Hywel http://kibo.org.uk/
    I do not eat quiche.
    Hywel Jenkins, Dec 20, 2004
  4. Richard

    Duende Guest

    While sitting in a puddle Richard scribbled in the mud:

    > http://geocities.com/r_bullis/sample.jpg
    >
    > As you can see, in firefox, the text has been overly enlarged and now is
    > outisde the environment of the divisions.
    > So what's the cure experts?

    You could start by taking MY square eye stuff off your home page.
    http://geocities.com/r_bullis/

    --
    Mr. D?
    Never trust a cat to do a dog's job.
    Duende, Dec 20, 2004
  5. Richard

    Richard Guest

    Duende wrote:

    > While sitting in a puddle Richard scribbled in the mud:

    >> http://geocities.com/r_bullis/sample.jpg
    >>
    >> As you can see, in firefox, the text has been overly enlarged and now is
    >> outisde the environment of the divisions.
    >> So what's the cure experts?
    >>

    > You could start by taking MY square eye stuff off your home page.
    > http://geocities.com/r_bullis/

    Show me the copyright, dipshit.
    That which is not your personal creation can not be copyrighted.
    That "eye" is public domain.
    It's a wonder you're not bitchin about the other stuff I stole, too.
    Richard, Dec 20, 2004
  6. Richard

    Neal Guest

    On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 15:41:56 -0600, Richard <Anonymous@127.001> wrote:

    > Show me the copyright, dipshit.

    Charming.

    > That which is not your personal creation can not be copyrighted.
    > That "eye" is public domain.

    How do you know for sure? Everything's copyrighted unless it has expired
    (and no computer-altered images are even close to expiration) or has been
    explicitly placed in public domain by the owner of the copyright.

    > It's a wonder you're not bitchin about the other stuff I stole, too.

    So you admit to stealing intellectual property and using it on your site?
    Neal, Dec 20, 2004
  7. In article <>, Anonymous@127.001 says...
    > Duende wrote:
    >
    > > While sitting in a puddle Richard scribbled in the mud:

    > >> http://geocities.com/r_bullis/sample.jpg
    > >>
    > >> As you can see, in firefox, the text has been overly enlarged and now is
    > >> outisde the environment of the divisions.
    > >> So what's the cure experts?
    > >>

    > > You could start by taking MY square eye stuff off your home page.
    > > http://geocities.com/r_bullis/

    > Show me the copyright, dipshit.

    Copyright is implied as soon as a work is published, RtS.

    --
    Hywel http://kibo.org.uk/
    I do not eat quiche.
    Hywel Jenkins, Dec 20, 2004
  8. Richard

    SpaceGirl Guest

    Neal wrote:
    > On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 15:41:56 -0600, Richard <Anonymous@127.001> wrote:
    >
    >> Show me the copyright, dipshit.

    > Charming.
    >
    >> That which is not your personal creation can not be copyrighted.
    >> That "eye" is public domain.

    > How do you know for sure? Everything's copyrighted unless it has expired
    > (and no computer-altered images are even close to expiration) or has
    > been explicitly placed in public domain by the owner of the copyright.
    >
    >> It's a wonder you're not bitchin about the other stuff I stole, too.

    > So you admit to stealing intellectual property and using it on your site?

    Sounds like it. Who wants to be first to report him to his host? ;)

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, Dec 20, 2004
  9. Richard

    Duende Guest

    While sitting in a puddle Richard scribbled in the mud:

    > That "eye" is public domain.

    Where did you get that info.

    Duende, Dec 20, 2004
  10. Duende wrote:
    > While sitting in a puddle Richard scribbled in the mud:
    >
    >> http://geocities.com/r_bullis/sample.jpg
    >>
    >> As you can see, in firefox, the text has been overly enlarged and
    >> now is outisde the environment of the divisions. So what's the
    >> cure experts?

    > You could start by taking MY square eye stuff off your home page.
    > http://geocities.com/r_bullis/

    ...which yields:
    <META content=Duende name=Author>

    <singsong>Bullis is a thief .. Bullis is a thief .. </singsong>

    --
    -bts
    -This space intentionally left blank.
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Dec 20, 2004
  11. Richard

    Duende Guest

    While sitting in a puddle Beauregard T. Shagnasty scribbled in the mud:

    > ..which yields:
    > <META content=Duende name=Author>

    Hey, I got that backwards. :( Fixed on the real site.

    Duende, Dec 20, 2004
  12. Richard

    Duende Guest

    While sitting in a puddle Beauregard T. Shagnasty scribbled in the mud:

    >> You could start by taking MY square eye stuff off your home page.
    >> http://geocities.com/r_bullis/

    > ..which yields:
    > <META content=Duende name=Author>
    >
    > <singsong>Bullis is a thief .. Bullis is a thief .. </singsong>

    He's not even a good thief.

    Duende, Dec 20, 2004
  13. Richard

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Previously in alt.html, Duende <> said:

    > He's not even a good thief.

    All the links even still point to your site (though most of them are
    hidden under the ads). Think of it as extra traffic. ;-)

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au
    Mark Parnell, Dec 20, 2004
  14. Richard

    Duende Guest

    While sitting in a puddle Mark Parnell scribbled in the mud:

    > Previously in alt.html, Duende <> said:
    >
    >> He's not even a good thief.

    > All the links even still point to your site (though most of them are
    > hidden under the ads). Think of it as extra traffic. ;-)

    I think he has no idea how to change anything.

    Duende, Dec 20, 2004
  15. Richard

    rf Guest

    Duende wrote:
    > While sitting in a puddle Beauregard T. Shagnasty scribbled in the mud:
    >
    > >> You could start by taking MY square eye stuff off your home page.
    > >> http://geocities.com/r_bullis/

    > > ..which yields:
    > > <META content=Duende name=Author>
    > >
    > > <singsong>Bullis is a thief .. Bullis is a thief .. </singsong>

    > He's not even a good thief.

    Mr D, you may wish to read this:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/copyright/copyright.html

    This comes from the copyright policy link on geocities.yahoo.com.

    Yahoo is pretty clear with its copyright issues. I suggest that if you were
    to email them a link to your site and a link to bullis's site they would
    immediately take the latter down.

    It's not simply a case of copyright infringement, its stealing the entire
    site.

    I note that a google for square-eye.jpg reveals 6 hits, none of which are
    yours so how could anybody find it in the public domain?

    Good luck :)

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Dec 20, 2004
  16. Richard

    C.W. Guest

    On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 23:10:10 GMT, "rf" <rf@.invalid> wrote:

    >Duende wrote:
    >> While sitting in a puddle Beauregard T. Shagnasty scribbled in the mud:

    >> > ..which yields:
    >> > <META content=Duende name=Author>
    >> >
    >> > <singsong>Bullis is a thief .. Bullis is a thief .. </singsong>

    >> He's not even a good thief.

    >Mr D, you may wish to read this:
    >http://docs.yahoo.com/info/copyright/copyright.html
    >
    >This comes from the copyright policy link on geocities.yahoo.com.
    >
    >Yahoo is pretty clear with its copyright issues. I suggest that if you were
    >to email them a link to your site and a link to bullis's site they would
    >immediately take the latter down.

    Yahoo has also developed a good reputation in their handling of
    copyright claims. Many a Yahoo Group or GeoCities was deleted without
    question if the copyright-holding party presented sound evidence of
    the other person copying their work.

    A copy of Richard's post sharing his admission would also help
    support Duende's claims as it would show Yahoo that Duende did ask for
    the content to be removed. And Richard basically admitting,
    publically, it did come from Duende's site.

    Trivia: Don''t send attachments to Yahoo - those emails won't be
    opened. If you get an auto-generated email for some reason then
    respond to that restating essentially what you already wrote [without
    deleting any of the quoted portions] and offer to send them any
    attachments needed for comparison on their side.

    Carol
    C.W., Dec 20, 2004
  17. In article <>,
    says...
    > Copyright is implied as soon as a work is published, RtS.

    In the U.S., any published work automatically has a copyright, whether
    it's filed or not. Which technically includes letters, which most likely
    includes e-mails.

    - Kevin Cheek
    Kevin J. Cheek, Dec 21, 2004
  18. Richard

    John Guest

    Duende wrote:

    > You could start by taking MY square eye stuff off your home page.
    > http://geocities.com/r_bullis/

    I'd be flattered if I were you. That "square eye" image could be knocked
    up in Windows Paint by David Blunkett.
    John, Dec 21, 2004
  19. In article <41c82e74$0$8345$>, no@email says...
    > Duende wrote:
    >

    > > You could start by taking MY square eye stuff off your home page.
    > > http://geocities.com/r_bullis/

    > I'd be flattered if I were you. That "square eye" image could be knocked
    > up in Windows Paint by David Blunkett.

    That's not the point, and it's not true.

    --
    Hywel http://kibo.org.uk/
    I do not eat quiche.
    Hywel Jenkins, Dec 21, 2004
  20. Richard

    Duende Guest

    While sitting in a puddle John scribbled in the mud:

    > That "square eye" image could be knocked
    > up in Windows Paint

    Lets see you do one.

    Duende, Dec 21, 2004