Expire email after 24 hours.

Imran Aziz

Hello All,
I am trying to use either System.Web.Mail or System.Net.Mail (.net 2)
class to send out emails. What I want to do is set the property in the email
sent to expire after 24 hours. This can be done in Outlook by using the
options tab in the new message window. How can this be done using these
classes or any other method ?
What I want is the email to expire after 24 hours.

Imran.

Hans Kesting

Imran said:
Hello All,
I am trying to use either System.Web.Mail or System.Net.Mail (.net
2) class to send out emails. What I want to do is set the property in
the email sent to expire after 24 hours. This can be done in Outlook
by using the options tab in the new message window. How can this be
done using these classes or any other method ?
What I want is the email to expire after 24 hours.

Imran.

Will that expiry work if you send it to (for instance) a hotmail account?
I think it's an "exchange only" feature, that is not supported by general
mailservers. You might have to send it directly to exchange, using it's
API. (sorry, can't help you there)

Hans Kesting

Imran Aziz

Thanks a lot for your quick response.

Does anyone know which exchange API helps to send out emails using exchange
specific details?

Imran.