    frontpage and a lot of books....and a lot of white nights !!!
    It's very important for me so thank you very much for your help...
    Chris

    christine bansard, Feb 26, 2004

  2. christine bansard wrote:

    > my website is http://www.access-provence.com and i submit it for
    > validation with http://validator.w3.org yesterday.
    > the results are : 1.there is no attribute "fptype" in line : <script
    > language="JavaScript" fptype="dynamicanimation">
    > 2.required attribute "type" not specified in line
    > :<script language="JavaScript" fptype="dynamicanimation">
    > 3.required attribute "type" not specified in line
    > :<script language="JavaScript1.2" fptype="dynamicanimation"
    > src="animate.js"></script>
    > 4.there is no attribute "dynamicanimation" and
    > "language" in line : <p laign="center"
    > dynamicanimation="fpAnimwaveWordsFP1" id="fpAnimwaveWordsFP1"
    > style="position:relative !important;language="JavaScript1.2">
    > The résults are the same with the validator
    > http://www.marketing-internet.com/cgi-bin/validite/validite.cgi
    >
    > Please, would you help me, i have built my website alone with
    > frontpage and a lot of books....and a lot of white nights !!!
    > It's very important for me so thank you very much for your help...
    > Chris

    This has nothing to do with Java at all. And not even Javascript. This is
    you not knowing how to write proper html. There are plenty of
    sites/newsgroups to help you with that.

    --
    Kind regards,
    Christophe Vanfleteren

    Christophe Vanfleteren, Feb 26, 2004

  3. christine bansard

    Anton Spaans Guest

    "christine bansard" <> wrote in message
    > my website is http://www.access-provence.com and i submit it for
    > validation with http://validator.w3.org yesterday.
    > the results are : 1.there is no attribute "fptype" in line : <script
    > language="JavaScript" fptype="dynamicanimation">
    > 2.required attribute "type" not specified in line
    > :<script language="JavaScript" fptype="dynamicanimation">
    > 3.required attribute "type" not specified in line
    > :<script language="JavaScript1.2" fptype="dynamicanimation"
    > src="animate.js"></script>
    > 4.there is no attribute "dynamicanimation" and
    > "language" in line : <p laign="center"
    > dynamicanimation="fpAnimwaveWordsFP1" id="fpAnimwaveWordsFP1"
    > style="position:relative !important;language="JavaScript1.2">
    > The résults are the same with the validator
    > http://www.marketing-internet.com/cgi-bin/validite/validite.cgi
    >
    > Please, would you help me, i have built my website alone with
    > frontpage and a lot of books....and a lot of white nights !!!
    > It's very important for me so thank you very much for your help...
    > Chris

    Maybe you get confused by the error message.
    Instead of the message saying "there is no", it should say: "there should be
    no".
    The attributes fptype, dynamicanimation, etc. are not valid attributes for
    the <script> element/tag. So, the validator will report them as being
    invalid. And that's correct. These attributes are not valid (although
    ignored by browsers that do not support them) and the validator.w3.org will
    report them as such.

    -- Anton.

    Anton Spaans, Feb 26, 2004
  4. "Anton Spaans" <aspaans at(noSPAM) smarttime dot(noSPAM) com> wrote in message news:<>...
    > "christine bansard" <> wrote in message
    > > my website is http://www.access-provence.com and i submit it for
    > > validation with http://validator.w3.org yesterday.
    > > the results are : 1.there is no attribute "fptype" in line : <script
    > > language="JavaScript" fptype="dynamicanimation">
    > > 2.required attribute "type" not specified in line
    > > :<script language="JavaScript" fptype="dynamicanimation">

    > 3.required attribute "type" not specified in line
    > > :<script language="JavaScript1.2" fptype="dynamicanimation"
    > > src="animate.js"></script>
    > > 4.there is no attribute "dynamicanimation" and
    > > "language" in line : <p laign="center"
    > > dynamicanimation="fpAnimwaveWordsFP1" id="fpAnimwaveWordsFP1"
    > > style="position:relative !important;language="JavaScript1.2">
    > > The résults are the same with the validator
    > > http://www.marketing-internet.com/cgi-bin/validite/validite.cgi
    > >
    > > Please, would you help me, i have built my website alone with
    > > frontpage and a lot of books....and a lot of white nights !!!
    > > It's very important for me so thank you very much for your help...
    > > Chris

    > Maybe you get confused by the error message.
    > Instead of the message saying "there is no", it should say: "there should be
    > no".
    > The attributes fptype, dynamicanimation, etc. are not valid attributes for
    > the <script> element/tag. So, the validator will report them as being
    > invalid. And that's correct. These attributes are not valid (although
    > ignored by browsers that do not support them) and the validator.w3.org will
    > report them as such.
    >
    > -- Anton.

    Dear Anton,

    Thank you so much for your answer.
    So, do you mean that the browsers do "ignore" my website if i keep the
    JavaScript like this in my htlm's source ?
    I'd like my website good referenced, so what do you recommend me to do
    ?
    Chris

    christine bansard, Mar 1, 2004
  5. Christophe Vanfleteren <> wrote in message news:<0im%b.13989$-ops.be>...
    > christine bansard wrote:
    >
    > > my website is http://www.access-provence.com and i submit it for
    > > validation with http://validator.w3.org yesterday.
    > > the results are : 1.there is no attribute "fptype" in line : <script
    > > language="JavaScript" fptype="dynamicanimation">
    > > 2.required attribute "type" not specified in line
    > > :<script language="JavaScript" fptype="dynamicanimation">

    > 3.required attribute "type" not specified in line
    > > :<script language="JavaScript1.2" fptype="dynamicanimation"
    > > src="animate.js"></script>
    > > 4.there is no attribute "dynamicanimation" and
    > > "language" in line : <p laign="center"
    > > dynamicanimation="fpAnimwaveWordsFP1" id="fpAnimwaveWordsFP1"
    > > style="position:relative !important;language="JavaScript1.2">
    > > The résults are the same with the validator
    > > http://www.marketing-internet.com/cgi-bin/validite/validite.cgi
    > >
    > > Please, would you help me, i have built my website alone with
    > > frontpage and a lot of books....and a lot of white nights !!!
    > > It's very important for me so thank you very much for your help...
    > > Chris

    > This has nothing to do with Java at all. And not even Javascript. This is
    > you not knowing how to write proper html. There are plenty of
    > sites/newsgroups to help you with that.

    Dear Christophe,

    Thank you very much for your answer.
    So, what kind of site/newsgroup do you recommand to help me for
    writing propoer html ? Please if these sites are in french, it would
    be easier for me...
    Chris

    christine bansard, Mar 1, 2004
  6. christine bansard

    > "Anton Spaans" <aspaans at(noSPAM) smarttime dot(noSPAM) com> wrote in

    message news:<>...
    > > "christine bansard" <> wrote in message
    > > > my website is http://www.access-provence.com and i submit it for
    > > > validation with http://validator.w3.org yesterday.
    > > > the results are : 1.there is no attribute "fptype" in line : <script
    > > > language="JavaScript" fptype="dynamicanimation">
    > > > 2.required attribute "type" not specified in line
    > > > :<script language="JavaScript" fptype="dynamicanimation">

    > > 3.required attribute "type" not specified in line
    > > > :<script language="JavaScript1.2" fptype="dynamicanimation"
    > > > src="animate.js"></script>
    > > > 4.there is no attribute "dynamicanimation" and
    > > > "language" in line : <p laign="center"
    > > > dynamicanimation="fpAnimwaveWordsFP1" id="fpAnimwaveWordsFP1"
    > > > style="position:relative !important;language="JavaScript1.2">
    > > > The résults are the same with the validator
    > > > http://www.marketing-internet.com/cgi-bin/validite/validite.cgi
    > > >
    > > > Please, would you help me, i have built my website alone with
    > > > frontpage and a lot of books....and a lot of white nights !!!
    > > > It's very important for me so thank you very much for your help...
    > > > Chris

    > > Maybe you get confused by the error message.
    > > Instead of the message saying "there is no", it should say: "there

    should be
    > > no".
    > > The attributes fptype, dynamicanimation, etc. are not valid attributes

    for
    > > the <script> element/tag. So, the validator will report them as being
    > > invalid. And that's correct. These attributes are not valid (although
    > > ignored by browsers that do not support them) and the validator.w3.org

    will
    > > report them as such.
    > >
    > > -- Anton.

    > Dear Anton,
    >
    > Thank you so much for your answer.
    > So, do you mean that the browsers do "ignore" my website if i keep the
    > JavaScript like this in my htlm's source ?
    > I'd like my website good referenced, so what do you recommend me to do
    > ?
    > Chris

    Hi ,
    Most (if not all) browsers will ignore the 'unknown' attributes, not the
    elements that contain them. That means, they don't hurt, usually.
    Validators, such as validator.w3.org don't like those 'unknown' attributes,
    though.
    Just run your page in any browser that you want to support. I would expect
    no problems because of these attributes.
    -- Anton.

    Anton Spaans, Mar 1, 2004