Explain your acronyms (RSI?)

Terry Reedy

"rms has crippling RSI" (anonymous, as quoted by Skip).

I suspect that 'rms' = Richard M Stallman (but why lower case? to insult
him?). I 'know' that RSI = Roberts Space Industries, a game company
whose Kickstarter project I supported. Whoops, wrong context. How about
'Richard Stallman Insanity' (his personal form of megalomania)? That
makes the phrase is a claim I have read others making.

Lets continue and see if that interpretation works. "should indicate
that emacs' ergonomics is not right". Aha! Anonymous believes that using
his own invention, emacs, is what drove Richard crazy. He would not be
the first self invention victim.

But Skip mentions 'worse for wrists'. So RSI must be a physical rather
than mental condition. Does 'I' instead stand for Inoperability?,
Instability?, or what?

Let us try Google. Type in RSI and it offers 'RSI medications' as a
choice. Sound good, as it will eliminate all the companies with those
initials. The two standard medical meanings of RSI seem to be Rapid
Sequence Intubation and Rapid Sequence Induction. But those are
procedures, not chronic syndromes. So I still do not know what the
original poster, as quoted by Skip, meant.

Rotwang

[...]

Repetitive strain injury, I assume. Not sure if you're joking but over
here the top 7 hits for "RSI" on Google, as well as the three ads that
precede them, are repetitive strain injury-related.

Stefan Behnel

Rotwang, 06.07.2013 21:51:
"rms has crippling RSI" (anonymous, as quoted by Skip).
[...]
Let us try Google. Type in RSI and it offers 'RSI medications' as a
choice. Sound good, as it will eliminate all the companies with those
initials. The two standard medical meanings of RSI seem to be Rapid
Sequence Intubation and Rapid Sequence Induction. But those are
procedures, not chronic syndromes. So I still do not know what the
original poster, as quoted by Skip, meant.

Repetitive strain injury, I assume. Not sure if you're joking but over here
the top 7 hits for "RSI" on Google, as well as the three ads that precede
them, are repetitive strain injury-related.

Both of you might want to delete your browser cookies, log out of your
Google accounts, and then retry. Maybe disabling JavaScript helps. Or
enabling the Privacy Mode in your browser. Or try a different browser all
together. Or a different search engine. Google has lots of ways to detect
who's asking.

Stefan

Rotwang

Rotwang, 06.07.2013 21:51:
[...]

The results I mentioned above were in private browsing in FF. I'm in the
UK though so that certainly will have made a difference.