explanation about javascript bytecode opcodes

Canny

Hi,

While studying the JavaScript engine source code used in Firefox, I am
confused about the semantics of various JS bytecode operations given
in jsopcode.tbl file (http://mxr.mozilla.org/firefox/source/js/src/
jsopcode.tbl). Is there anyone can provide some pointers to more
detailed explanation about those operations?

Thanks a lot!
Canny

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Canny said:
While studying the JavaScript engine source code used in Firefox, I am
confused about the semantics of various JS bytecode operations given
in jsopcode.tbl file (http://mxr.mozilla.org/firefox/source/js/src/
jsopcode.tbl). Is there anyone can provide some pointers to more
detailed explanation about those operations?

Maybe someone knowing C? The source code of ECMAScript implementations is
seldom, if ever, discussed here. Try mozilla.dev.tech.javascript instead.

BTW: The URL is wrapped and shouldn't be. Eschew Google Groups for posting.

PointedEars

Dr J R Stockton

In comp.lang.javascript message <[email protected]>, Thu,
BTW: The URL is wrapped and shouldn't be. Eschew Google Groups for posting.

There is nothing wrong with wrapping URLs, for readers using well-
written agents, provided that angle brackets <> are used where the OP
put parentheses().