Explorer navigation errors with non-paged or large paged DataGrid.

Richard Pimentel

Hello everyone:

This is my first posting here and I am new to aspnet so be patient. I
am using a DataGrid with sorted columns to display some research data.
The data is bound to the DataGrid from a xml file and a schema file.
The row count can be anywhere from 600 to several thousand. If I
disable paging and sort a couple of columns, all my "Back" history is
lost and I can't click the Back button more than once. If I enable
paging and set the page size to 500 rows, I get the same behavior.
However, if I set the page size to 250 rows, then navigation is as it
should be. I can sort multiple times on different columns and still
cycle back through them and get back to a reports page, etc.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a solution or workaround?

Thanks for any help you can provide.