export data to excel creating multiple worksheets

hal

Hello all,

I've been searching all day for an article or tutorial on how to get
data from a SQL Server 2000 database and export the data to excel 2003
so that multiple worksheets are created, and information is displayed
in these worksheets. Data will be coming from multiple tables, and
I'm using C# and asp.net 2.0. User will click on an asp.net button to
pull the data and put it in an excel spreadsheet.

Thanks

Mark Rae

I've been searching all day for an article or tutorial on how to get
data from a SQL Server 2000 database and export the data to excel 2003
so that multiple worksheets are created, and information is displayed
in these worksheets. Data will be coming from multiple tables, and
I'm using C# and asp.net 2.0. User will click on an asp.net button to
pull the data and put it in an excel spreadsheet.

Two ways:

1) Use the XML file format:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...52-3547-420a-a412-00a2662442d9&displaylang=en
This is completely free, but most definitely not for the faint-hearted...

2) Use Aspose:
http://www.aspose.com/Products/Aspose.Cells/Default.aspx
This is not free, but is extremely simple to use

Don't even think about server-side Office automation - there's a good chance
it won't work, and Microsoft don't support it:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q257757#kb2