    I've heard a lot about Crystal, Reporting Services, etc, however, I need a
    FREE method to accomplish this using notepad... don't even have Studio.
    Thanks a lot.

    Jay, Nov 22, 2005

  2. Jay

    Lloyd Dupont Guest

    Ho my god!
    Why don't you:

    1. use #develope (http://www.icsharpcode.net/OpenSource/SD/Default.aspx),
    it's an OpenSource (free) IDE for .NET
    2. use VC# express (http://msdn.microsoft.com/vcsharp/) a free IDE from
    Microsoft for .NET 2.0
    3. use iTextSharp (http://itextsharp.sourceforge.net) for your PDF?

    Lloyd Dupont, Nov 22, 2005

  3. Jay

    Jay Guest

    Thank but what do any of these tools have to do with exporting to PDF?
    Crystal, Repotting Services, etc. still cost money regardless of which tool
    I use... might as well be notepad.

    So back to my original question... Any idea where I might find a free
    component or code to export a datagrid (or entire page) to PDF?

    Jay, Nov 22, 2005
  4. Jay

    Lloyd Dupont Guest

    > Thank but what do any of these tools have to do with exporting to PDF?
    well, actually, number 3 could do more. That it's main problem (a big API).

    > Crystal, Repotting Services, etc. still cost money regardless of which
    > tool I use... might as well be notepad.

    Yes but if you give 1 or 2 a try you will.. mh.... you might understand why
    people think Windows is far superior to Unix ;-)

    > So back to my original question... Any idea where I might find a free
    > component or code to export a datagrid (or entire page) to PDF?

    back to my original post => itextsharp

    Lloyd Dupont, Nov 22, 2005
  5. Mr Jay as Lloyd adviced you can use iTEXSHARP
    You just got ot play with it
    But its free:):)
    Patrick

    Patrick.O.Ige, Nov 22, 2005