Export multiple datagrids on web page to Excel

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Steve Chatham, Feb 24, 2004.

  1. I need to export multiple datagrids (where we have a drill-through web
    application) into an Excel workbook. For instance, when you click on the
    first datagrid, you get a subset of the sql table. Subsequent clicks on
    those items in the table further filter the request, until you go from a
    business area down to a single SKU.

    Thus far, I have gotten it to work, but there have been size issues (I
    guess, as smaller files seem to do okay), that in Excel I get an "Unable to
    open file" after it's been saved as an excel workbook.

    I've been trying the example here:

    http://www.dotnetjohn.com/articles/articleid78.aspx

    but cannot get it to work, as it only seems to return a blank page now.

    Has anyone done an application like this? Any advice/guidance/help
    appreciated.

    Thanks,

    SC

    Steve Chatham, Feb 24, 2004