    the changes was made. Additionally i don't know how i can create a new one.

    Regards,

    Yevgen

    Yevgen Reznichenko, Nov 1, 2003

  2. Am 01.11.2003 15:29 schrieb Tad McClellan:
    > Have a look at the Posting Guidelines when you have time:
    >
    > http://mail.augustmail.com/~tadmc/clpmisc.shtml

    done

    > You appear to want to use an env var for persistence. That is
    > a bad choice as it will go away on a reboot. Use a file instead.

    Thanks, it works now fine (almost, see the another thread).

    Yevgen

    Yevgen Reznichenko, Nov 1, 2003

  3. Tad McClellan () wrote:

    : For this case i want to create a
    : > environment variable and export it.

    : If I understand you correctly, you cannot do that on any sensible
    : operating system.

    Sure you can, just not on unix like systems.

    VMS is a very sensible system that comes to mind. Various ways for a
    child to set things into the parent's "environment", though the term
    environment does not translate directly. Global variables and job
    logicals are the two that spring to mind.

    Malcolm Dew-Jones, Nov 1, 2003