Export to Excel from Asp.net

Guest

Hi,
i want to export data from a datagrid to excel sheet. I'm able to do it
using RenderControl method of the datagrid. But i do not have any control
over the column width of excel sheet. Is there any way to format the columns?
i do not want to use server side object creation techniques, since it is
giving problems in destroying the excel objects,that are created. Any help
would be really appreciated.

Paul Clement

¤ Hi,
¤ i want to export data from a datagrid to excel sheet. I'm able to do it
¤ using RenderControl method of the datagrid. But i do not have any control
¤ over the column width of excel sheet. Is there any way to format the columns?
¤ i do not want to use server side object creation techniques, since it is
¤ giving problems in destroying the excel objects,that are created. Any help
¤ would be really appreciated.

Unfortunately column formatting requires the Excel application so I'm afraid there is no workaround
for this feature. The only other option might be to use a document template where the columns have
already been formatted.

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)