Export to excel in asp.net using excel template

Grey

i need to export the data set to excel in asp.net, but my requirement is
need to use the template, i.e. some column should be lock as read-only and
some column should be highlighted. the format cells are fixed. is there any
way to excel the data set to pre-defined excel sheet.

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

Export to excel doesn't expose that type of functionality programmatically.
You may want to look at a 3rd party or Excel library.