    need to use the template, i.e. some column should be lock as read-only and
    some column should be highlighted. the format cells are fixed. is there any
    way to excel the data set to pre-defined excel sheet.

    Grey, Oct 16, 2007

  2. Export to excel doesn't expose that type of functionality programmatically.
    You may want to look at a 3rd party or Excel library.

    --
    Regards,
    Alvin Bruney

    Alvin Bruney [MVP], Oct 17, 2007

    http://www.aspose.com/Products/Aspose.Cells/Default.aspx

    --
    Mark Rae
    ASP.NET MVP

    Mark Rae [MVP], Oct 17, 2007
  4. Grey

    carion1 Guest

    carion1, Oct 17, 2007
  5. "carion1" <> wrote in message

    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...90-DC41-4792-8EF8-F4DE62FF1E81&displaylang=en
    >
    > On Oct 16, 10:23 am, "Grey" <> wrote:
    >> i need to export the data set to excel in asp.net, but my requirement is
    >> need to use the template, i.e. some column should be lock as read-only
    >> and
    >> some column should be highlighted. the format cells are fixed. is there
    >> any
    >> way to excel the data set to pre-defined excel sheet.

    Ignore this - it is for WinForms.

    Server-side Office automation is not supported by Microsoft because it
    doesn't work:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q257757#kb2

    --
    Mark Rae