Export to EXCEL Problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Aryan, Jun 6, 2006.

  1. Aryan

    Aryan Guest

    Hi,
    I am doing "Export to Excel" functionality, but while doing this I am
    getting error. Like I have two types of Report, each type has many sub
    reports inside. So I am opening new window for Each type of report by
    taking help from Javascript "window.open()" and passing different type
    of window name. Given below example will help you to understand my
    problem.

    I have Two types of Report :-
    1>Report Type A
    2>Report Type B

    Report Type A has different Reports under it, same for Report Type B,
    like

    1>Report Type A
    a) ABC
    b) XYZ
    c) JKL
    2>Report Type B
    a) MNO
    b) PQR
    c) UVW

    Now i am using "window.open()" to open each type of report by providing
    2 different window name for each type of report i.e.

    window.open("abc.aspx","ReportA","")
    window.open("mno.aspx","ReportB","")

    if i do this it works fine. now the problem start as if try to open
    like 2 reports from of the same type then it doesnt load the second
    report which i have clicked. for e.g

    I click on ABC report its open fine, now if without closing that report
    window if i open XYZ report, then it doesnt show that XYZ report as it
    opens only blank page with loading status.

    As i have understood that they both are using same Window name to open
    he excel object in the same browser.

    So how to resolve this problem, as i want to open sepearte window for
    each report.

    Thanks in Advance

    Manoj Singh

    Aryan, Jun 6, 2006