export to excel

Guest

I'm exporting a datagrid to an excel file.
I'm using the following source code to export.
DataTable dt = new DataTable();

DataAccess.StoredProcedure sproc = new
DataAccess.StoredProcedure("sproc_getdata");

sproc.Run(dt);

DataGrid1.DataSource = dt;

DataGrid1.DataBind();

DataGrid1.EnableViewState = false;

DataGrid1.Visible = true;

DataGrid1.GridLines = GridLines.Both;

Response.Clear();

Response.Buffer = true;

Response.AddHeader( "Content-Disposition", "filename=File1.xls");

StringWriter stringWriter = new StringWriter();

HtmlTextWriter htmlWriter = new HtmlTextWriter(stringWriter);

DataGrid1.RenderControl(htmlWriter);

Response.Write(stringWriter.ToString());

Response.ContentType="application/vnd.ms-excel";

Response.End();

Its working fine.

but there is an isuue datagrid dt contains extended language
strings (like chinese, japanese).These strings are not getting
exported to excel .
DataGrid is getting data from SQLServer2005 database. I know that
sqlserver is using utf-16 encoding for unicode character. So i've tried
to change Response.ContentEncoding to utf-16. But it is also not
working.

Can anyone help me.