    Please help!

    TIA
    , Jul 24, 2008

  2. Did you try enclosing the field in double quotes?

    --
    Jonathan Wood
    SoftCircuits Programming

    <> wrote in message
    Hi

    I am trying to export a GridView to Excel.
    It exports the data but transforms it in the process.
    for instance, this RBHK-17+RCHJ-24A2 becomes RBHK-17ä¡24A2
    so basically anywhere i have a '+' sign the rest of the data chnages
    to special characters ...like FC/MC62Dã…ç˜î“—

    i have tried setting various Response.Charset and encoding but to no
    avail...

    Please help!

    TIA
    Jonathan Wood, Jul 25, 2008

    On Jul 24, 8:34 pm, "Jonathan Wood" <> wrote:
    > Did you try enclosing the field in double quotes?
    >
    > --
    > Jonathan Wood
    > SoftCircuits Programminghttp://www.softcircuits.com
    >
    > <> wrote in message

    > Hi
    >
    > I am trying to export a GridView to Excel.
    > It exports the data but transforms it in the process.
    > for instance, this RBHK-17+RCHJ-24A2 becomes RBHK-17ä¡24A2
    > so basically anywhere i have a '+' sign the rest of the data chnages
    > to special characters ...like FC/MC62Dã…ç˜î“—
    >
    > i have tried setting various Response.Charset and encoding but to no
    > avail...
    >
    > Please help!
    >
    > TIA

    Nope....but i should have...
    It works!

    Thnx
    , Jul 25, 2008

    Spoke too soon...it works for a csv but adds double quotes to the
    extract for xls.

    On Jul 24, 8:34 pm, "Jonathan Wood" <> wrote:
    > Did you try enclosing the field in double quotes?
    >
    > --
    > Jonathan Wood
    > SoftCircuits Programminghttp://www.softcircuits.com
    >
    > <> wrote in message

    > Hi
    >
    > I am trying to export a GridView to Excel.
    > It exports the data but transforms it in the process.
    > for instance, this RBHK-17+RCHJ-24A2 becomes RBHK-17ä¡24A2
    > so basically anywhere i have a '+' sign the rest of the data chnages
    > to special characters ...like FC/MC62Dã…ç˜î“—
    >
    > i have tried setting various Response.Charset and encoding but to no
    > avail...
    >
    > Please help!
    >
    > TIA
    , Jul 25, 2008