export to excel

Andre

I'm not sure if this is the best place for this post or not, but I can't
find many asp newsgroups anymore.

I have an app that's 3-4 years old, and has been working just fine. One of
the pages exports the html to Excel. My users just upgraded from
Office97/2000 to Office XP/2003, and now the export to Excel isn't working
for them.

This is the code that I use, and from what I find around the Internet, it's
all I need. Does anyone have any suggestions for what might be causing this
to not work in Office XP/2003? It still works just fine on Office 2000.
Could it be a security setting in the newer version of Office?

Response.Buffer = True
Response.Charset = ""
EnableViewState = false

Thanks, Andre

Manohar Kamath

What is "not working for them" mean? Do they get a file prompt at least? I
have several reports in the similar way, but I haven't seen any difference
upgrading to Office 2003.

Andre

They get 1 of 2 different dialog boxes.

- One says "Microsoft Office Excel cannot access the file 'my url here...'.
There are several possible reasons:
- The file name or path does not exist.
- The file is being used by another program.
- The workbook you are trying to save has the same name as a currently
open workbook.

- The other says "IE cannot download excel_report.asp from 'my url...'. IE
was not able to open the Internet site. The requested site is either
unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later.

Does this tell you anything?

Andre

Andre

Unfortunately, it didn't. I removed the "cache" instances from the code and
the export still works great for me on Office 2k. My user on XP still isn't
able to get it to work. She's also telling me that if she exports just a
few thousand records, it will work. But the one we're working on now is 12k
records. Like I said, it works great still on a desktop with Office 2k.

Any other suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks, Andre