Export to Tab Delimited Text File

David Lozzi

Howdy,

I need to export some data to tab delimited text file. I was hoping to
simply convert my datagrid to it, but I can't seem to figure out how. Here's
what I got in the page header.

Response.ContentType = "text/plain"
Response.AddHeader("Content-Disposition",
"attachment;filename=invoice.txt")

This does create a downloaded text file and the contents is the HTML of the
completed page. Any ideas? If not, then I'm going to have to build it like

str = "Customer" & vbTab & "Address" & vbTab & "and so on...."

Thanks!!

David Lozzi

David Lozzi

OK so what I'm doing is something like this

datagrid itemdata bound load the text value and vbTab into a publis string.
clear the response
then write the string. Works pretty good.

Thanks!
David