Exporting contents of JSP to Powerpoint

judiphuongtu

I am trying to open the results of my JSP page in PowerPoint. I've
tried both the following statements but it won't open in PowerPoint. I
would like a simple example of a JSP page would open in PowerPoint..
Excel would be fine too. Thanks in advance.

<%@ page contentType="application/ms-powerpoint" %>

response.setContentType("application/ms-powerpoint");

-jptu

judiphuongtu

Thanks Wendy. It opened in PowerPoint. Unfortunately, only the text
values displayed, not the images and graphs :(

Wendy S

Thanks Wendy. It opened in PowerPoint. Unfortunately, only the text
values displayed, not the images and graphs :(

When a web browser displays a page, it receives the HTML and then makes a
separate report for each image. Apparently, PowerPoint will load HTML, but
won't go so far as to request the images.

What problem are you trying to solve with this? There might be a better
solution...

judiphuongtu

My webpage generates graphs with table data. Users want to use
snapshots of these graphs in their PowerPoint presentations. The
graphs are PNG images. The current solution is to have them save the
graph in their local drive and use Insert, Picture from PowerPoint and
also select the table data and paste it in PowerPoint. I thought
perhaps I could find a way to automate it.