    response.setContentType("application/ms-powerpoint");

    -jptu

    , Mar 29, 2005

  2. Wendy S Guest

    <> wrote:
    >I am trying to open the results of my JSP page in PowerPoint. I've
    > tried both the following statements but it won't open in PowerPoint.
    > <%@ page contentType="application/ms-powerpoint" %>
    > response.setContentType("application/ms-powerpoint");

    See: http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/

    This works:
    <%@ page contentType="application/vnd.ms-powerpoint" %>

    --
    Wendy

    Wendy S, Mar 30, 2005

    Thanks Wendy. It opened in PowerPoint. Unfortunately, only the text
    values displayed, not the images and graphs :(

    Wendy S wrote:
    > <> wrote:
    > >I am trying to open the results of my JSP page in PowerPoint. I've
    > > tried both the following statements but it won't open in

    PowerPoint.
    > > <%@ page contentType="application/ms-powerpoint" %>
    > > response.setContentType("application/ms-powerpoint");

    > See: http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/
    >
    > This works:
    > <%@ page contentType="application/vnd.ms-powerpoint" %>
    >
    > --
    > Wendy

    , Mar 30, 2005
  4. Wendy S Guest

    <> wrote:
    > Thanks Wendy. It opened in PowerPoint. Unfortunately, only the text
    > values displayed, not the images and graphs :(

    When a web browser displays a page, it receives the HTML and then makes a
    separate report for each image. Apparently, PowerPoint will load HTML, but
    won't go so far as to request the images.

    What problem are you trying to solve with this? There might be a better
    solution...

    --
    Wendy

    Wendy S, Mar 30, 2005
  5. dc Guest

    related, here's an example of a JSP that dynamically creates a MS-Word
    document (in WordML). The browser then opens it in MS-Word.

    http://dinoch.dyndns.org:7070/WordML/

    source code is available.

    -D

    dc, Mar 30, 2005

    DC, the example didn't run successfully. Thanks for sharing this
    anyways.

    , Mar 30, 2005

    My webpage generates graphs with table data. Users want to use
    snapshots of these graphs in their PowerPoint presentations. The
    graphs are PNG images. The current solution is to have them save the
    graph in their local drive and use Insert, Picture from PowerPoint and
    also select the table data and paste it in PowerPoint. I thought
    perhaps I could find a way to automate it.

    , Mar 30, 2005