    So I have a file called bit_generator.vhd uploaded onto the board. Will I require another file that will drive the RAM processing?

    Any clues/hints?

    There is no stupid question! :oops:

    matchstick86, Nov 10, 2009

  2. matchstick86

    matchstick86

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2009
    Messages:
    19
    Hmm, no help?

    After much digging around, I need to interface with a microcontroller on the FPGA to write to RAM (DRAM I presume?).

    And then, another way to transmit these stored data in the RAM to the PC.

    Question is, can interfacing of this nature be done in VHDL?

    matchstick86, Nov 16, 2009

  3. matchstick86

    jeppe

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2008
    Messages:
    348
    Location:
    Denmark
    This code give you a FIFO buffer which based at an external DRAM - pretty much what you need. Hopefully will you find inspiration as well.

    jjmk.dk/MMMI/Lessons/07_Memory/No6_FIFObuffers/Ext_RAM_based/index.htm

    jeppe, Nov 16, 2009