Exporting data into Excel, Word in ASP.NET - Please help !!!

bienwell

Hi all,

I have a datagrid control with data in my Web page. I have a Link button
"Exporting data" like this:

<asp:Linkbutton id="linkbtn3" Visible="false" Text="Exporting data"
OnClick="ExportingData" Runat="Server" />

How does the code look like in the Sub "ExportingData" to export data into
excel, word ..?

Please give me your ideas ? Thanks in advance

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

You could simply output the data into this free ExportPanel control and let
it handle the Export for you:
http://SteveOrr.net/articles/ExportPanel.aspx

Or if you want to handle things a bit more manually, you could use any of
the techniques outlined here:
http://SteveOrr.net/Articles/ExcelExport.aspx

Finally, if you find your needs becoming quite advanced, you could use a 3rd
part component:
http://www.SteveOrr.net/Reviews/AsposeExcel.aspx
http://www.SteveOrr.net/Reviews/AsposeWord.aspx
http://officewriter.softartisans.com/officewriter-37.aspx