Exporting data into Excel / Zip file ???

bienwell

Hi all,

I'm going to develop an ASP.net page (VB) that allows users to export data
into the zip file. Do you have any sample codes? Please give me the source
codes if you have.

One more question, if we let users export data into Excel file, what is the
good web control we can use ? Do we have to display data on the web page by
binding data with datagrid (or GridView) for this download ?

Thanks in advance.

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Some of the third party controls from various vendors have some export
capabilities built in. Telerik RAD Grid comes to mind:
http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet/grid/grdexport.html

There are other component vendors you can look at: Developer Express,
Component Art, Component One, Infragistics and Syncfusion all come to mind.
With some, you can purchase only what you need. All offer suites of
controls.

It will also export to PDF.

With Zip, there are both open source and pay controls out there. For
example, the SharpZipLib is a rather nice zip implementation. You will still
have to stream out the resulting file.