    good web control we can use ? Do we have to display data on the web page by
    binding data with datagrid (or GridView) for this download ?

    Thanks in advance.
    bienwell, Oct 14, 2008

  2. Some of the third party controls from various vendors have some export
    capabilities built in. Telerik RAD Grid comes to mind:
    http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet/grid/grdexport.html

    There are other component vendors you can look at: Developer Express,
    Component Art, Component One, Infragistics and Syncfusion all come to mind.
    With some, you can purchase only what you need. All offer suites of
    controls.

    It will also export to PDF.

    With Zip, there are both open source and pay controls out there. For
    example, the SharpZipLib is a rather nice zip implementation. You will still
    have to stream out the resulting file.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP, MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Subscribe to my blog

    or just read it:

    | Think outside the box! |

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Oct 14, 2008