    PropertyNames/PropertyValuesString in the sql aspnet_Profile table (by
    code), and then to update it...

    Best regards.
    Oriane, Apr 9, 2009

  2. Oriane

    Oriane Guest

    Ïn fact, I think I could use this .Net class:

    AspNetDbDataSet.aspnet_ProfileDataTable

    which is available by creating a datatable from the aspnetDb database. I
    have to load it with the data from my profile from the database (with a sql
    statement SELECT * FROM aspnet_Profile where UserId = "myUserId" ), and then
    I can save it with the WriteXml method, and then I can update it with the
    ReadXml method. I can have the UserId from the aspnet_Users table (select
    UserId from aspnet_Users where UserName == "MyUserName").

    Sounds pretty simple...don't you think ?
    Oriane, Apr 9, 2009

  3. Hi Oriane,

    I believe this is a simple way to export data from database to xml. Out of
    curiosity, could you tell me why you want to export user profile data to
    xml?

    Regards,
    Allen Chen
    Microsoft Online Support

    .

    Allen Chen [MSFT], Apr 10, 2009
  4. Oriane

    Oriane Guest

    Hi Allen,

    "Allen Chen [MSFT]" <> a écrit dans le message de
    groupe de discussion : ...
    > Hi Oriane,
    >

    > I believe this is a simple way to export data from database to xml. Out of
    > curiosity, could you tell me why you want to export user profile data to
    > xml?

    In order to archive it AND to re-import it. My client can have a crash on
    his server, the database can be corrupted...
    and I want to avoid to save/archive the database. Now I have an other
    purpose, which is to modify the profile directly into the exported XML,
    before reimporting it.

    Now I can re-create the asp.Net User/account and then make an Update
    statement to import the profile...

    Oriane
    Oriane, Apr 10, 2009