Exporting relational data to xml using java

Discussion in 'XML' started by Amol, Apr 16, 2004.

  1. Amol

    Amol Guest

    Greetings,

    I'm trying to export data in my relational store to
    an XML file (XMLSchema based). I wanted to know what's
    the recommended way to go about this (tools/API).

    I'm especially looking for open source solutions since
    the project that I'm working on will be released as
    open source too. Also the platform of choice is Java.

    Currently I'm exporting using XML/SQL, but I'd really
    like to have a Java solution to preparing the XML
    rather than have the database do the same.

    (Incidentally, I'm aware that several APIs exist for
    parsing XML and mapping them to Java Objects, I just didnt
    come across any for doing the reverse).

    Thanks in advance,
    ~ amol
    Amol, Apr 16, 2004