Exporting to Clipboard

Tim Marsden

Hi,

How do I copy the contents of my ASP Datagrid to the clipboard so I can then
paste the data to where I need it.

Regards Tim

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Tim,

Welcome to ASPNET newsgroup.
As for the copying webform datagrid content into Clipboard question you
mentioned, here are some of my understanding:

1. For ASP.NET web application, the serverside application only render out
HTML/client scripts to the clientside and then at clentside, the browser
parse the html/scrpit and displaying in the browser window. So the
serverside can only put some simple script code at clientside and due to
the restriction of web page, we can't access most of the clientside
resource such as file system, clipboard......

As for clipboard, it all depends on the clientside's browser support, for
example, we can select the content in a certain page within browser and
copy it. Then, paste the content into Word document , as for clientside,
the ability of copy/paste is limited to the brwoser's support and the
target application's support for pasting data.(notepad can't accept html
content)

2. If you're requesting the asp.net page through a custom application such
as a .net windows form app, we can use httpwebRequest class to get the
remote page's content (html code) and then store it in memory or clipboard
for later use.

Anyway, it all depends on your detailed scenario. Would you please provide
some further description on your requirement? Thanks,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)