    How do I copy the contents of my ASP Datagrid to the clipboard so I can then
    paste the data to where I need it.

    Regards Tim

    Tim Marsden, Jun 1, 2005

  2. Hi Tim,

    Welcome to ASPNET newsgroup.
    As for the copying webform datagrid content into Clipboard question you
    mentioned, here are some of my understanding:

    1. For ASP.NET web application, the serverside application only render out
    HTML/client scripts to the clientside and then at clentside, the browser
    parse the html/scrpit and displaying in the browser window. So the
    serverside can only put some simple script code at clientside and due to
    the restriction of web page, we can't access most of the clientside
    resource such as file system, clipboard......

    As for clipboard, it all depends on the clientside's browser support, for
    example, we can select the content in a certain page within browser and
    copy it. Then, paste the content into Word document , as for clientside,
    the ability of copy/paste is limited to the brwoser's support and the
    target application's support for pasting data.(notepad can't accept html
    content)

    2. If you're requesting the asp.net page through a custom application such
    as a .net windows form app, we can use httpwebRequest class to get the
    remote page's content (html code) and then store it in memory or clipboard
    for later use.

    Anyway, it all depends on your detailed scenario. Would you please provide
    some further description on your requirement? Thanks,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    rights.)