exporting word file content to aspx web page

Franck

Hello,
I'm trying to diplay the content of a word file on a aspx page
only the content if possible... not the file

I tried the folowing but it doesn't work...
Response.ContentType = "application/ms-word";
string file ="Annexes.doc";
Response.WriteFile(file);
the only documentation I can find is for doing the reverse?
Are there any tools for doing so?
thanks for your help.

Guest

You have two options I can think of right now.

1. Use the Word COM objects to pull the content out.
2. If Word 2000 or greater and saved in non-backward compatible format, pull
the XML and remove the tags via XSLT. Display the information that is left.

Number 1 may be easier to get going with, but requires putting Office DLLs
on your server. It is also slower. It is the only option I know with Word
Native format.

Number 2 will take a bit more work, but you might find someone who has an
XSLT created for this type of work.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA