Exporting

brian

I am using vb.net and sql2000. What is the best way
using vb.net to export data to text file. I can retrieve
it through a dataset or reader. There are a lot of
columns. I perfer not to use the dts designer in
sql2000.

Does anyone have any white papers or other resources for
me to take a look at?

Thanks

Michael Pearson

Loop through the dataset and write it out to file

Dim oRow as DataRow
Dim oDataSet as dataset
Dim oColum as DataColum

'Populate dataset

For each oRow in oDataset.tables(0)

For Each oColumn in oRow
'Write out details to file
Next

next

Michael

George Durzi

Transform the DataSet to text using an Xsl stylesheet. Not at work right
now, so don't have my code lib, email me and I can send you some code
snippets for simple transforms.