    Does anyone have any white papers or other resources for
    me to take a look at?

    Thanks

    brian, Dec 30, 2003

  2. Loop through the dataset and write it out to file

    Dim oRow as DataRow
    Dim oDataSet as dataset
    Dim oColum as DataColum

    'Populate dataset

    For each oRow in oDataset.tables(0)

    For Each oColumn in oRow
    'Write out details to file
    Next

    next

    Michael

    "brian" <> wrote in message
    > I am using vb.net and sql2000. What is the best way
    > using vb.net to export data to text file. I can retrieve
    > it through a dataset or reader. There are a lot of
    > columns. I perfer not to use the dts designer in
    > sql2000.
    >
    > Does anyone have any white papers or other resources for
    > me to take a look at?
    >
    > Thanks

    ---

    Michael Pearson, Dec 30, 2003

  3. brian

    George Durzi Guest

    Transform the DataSet to text using an Xsl stylesheet. Not at work right
    now, so don't have my code lib, email me and I can send you some code
    snippets for simple transforms.

    George Durzi, Dec 31, 2003