Exposed User Control not appearing as member of Master

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by John Kotuby, Feb 27, 2007.

  1. John Kotuby

    John Kotuby Guest

    Hi all,

    Has anyone experienced any problems after applying the SP1 service pack to
    Visual Studio 2005? I am running into a problem that I can't otherwise
    explain.

    My project contains a Master Page that has a number of User Controls which I
    access from any new Windows Form I create by exposing them as Public
    Properties of the Master Page.

    This has worked just fine until I applied the latest service pack.

    Here is the strange part. Pages that existed before the SP1 still recognize
    the syntax Master.UserWelcome as being valid. UserWelcome is a Public
    Property that I created to expose the User Control in the Master page.

    However, after the SP1, when I create a new Windows Form the Public Property
    UserWelcome no longer appears in the Intellisense window as an available
    property.

    That's not a good thing at all.

    If it's not SP1 causing this behavior, does anyone else know why the problem
    is occurring?

    Thanks to all...

    John Kotuby, Feb 27, 2007