Exposing a webserivce (Biztalk)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by doron, Sep 1, 2005.

  1. doron

    doron Guest

    Hi all,

    I'm exposing an orchestration as a web service which simply replies
    the same object it receives by calling an internal ws I wrote which
    does the same thing. (getting the object and returning it)

    While I was using a simple string the circle worked fine, but after I
    switched the object from string to my own type, which is defined in the

    original ws, something went wrong.

    I have a single function called update which looks like:

    public Contact update(Contact contact)
    {
    return contact;

    }

    for some reason when I'm trying to use the exposed ws in one of my
    projects the method looks like:

    void update(ref contact)

    why is that?

    Thank you,

    Doron.
    doron, Sep 1, 2005

  2. Hello doron,

    Could u show the proxy class and declaration of your object?
    Seems that WS lost that your class is serialized

    d> I'm exposing an orchestration as a web service which simply replies
    d> the same object it receives by calling an internal ws I wrote which
    d> does the same thing. (getting the object and returning it)
    d>
    d> While I was using a simple string the circle worked fine, but after I
    d> switched the object from string to my own type, which is defined in
    d> the
    d>
    d> original ws, something went wrong.
    d>
    d> I have a single function called update which looks like:
    d>
    d> public Contact update(Contact contact)
    d> {
    d> return contact;
    d> }
    d>
    d> for some reason when I'm trying to use the exposed ws in one of my
    d> projects the method looks like:
    d>
    d> void update(ref contact)
    d>
    d> why is that?

    ---
    WBR,
    Michael Nemtsev
    blog: http://spaces.msn.com/members/laflour

    "At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not
    cease to be insipid. (c) Friedrich Nietzsche
    Michael Nemtsev, Sep 2, 2005