Exposing a webserivce (Biztalk)

doron

Hi all,

I'm exposing an orchestration as a web service which simply replies
the same object it receives by calling an internal ws I wrote which
does the same thing. (getting the object and returning it)

While I was using a simple string the circle worked fine, but after I
switched the object from string to my own type, which is defined in the

original ws, something went wrong.

I have a single function called update which looks like:

public Contact update(Contact contact)
{
return contact;

}

for some reason when I'm trying to use the exposed ws in one of my
projects the method looks like:

void update(ref contact)

why is that?

Thank you,

Doron.

Michael Nemtsev

Hello doron,

Could u show the proxy class and declaration of your object?
Seems that WS lost that your class is serialized

d> I'm exposing an orchestration as a web service which simply replies
d> the same object it receives by calling an internal ws I wrote which
d> does the same thing. (getting the object and returning it)
d>
d> While I was using a simple string the circle worked fine, but after I
d> switched the object from string to my own type, which is defined in
d> the
d>
d> original ws, something went wrong.
d>
d> I have a single function called update which looks like:
d>
d> public Contact update(Contact contact)
d> {
d> return contact;
d> }
d>
d> for some reason when I'm trying to use the exposed ws in one of my
d> projects the method looks like:
d>
d> void update(ref contact)
d>
d> why is that?

---
WBR,
Michael Nemtsev
blog: http://spaces.msn.com/members/laflour

"At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not
cease to be insipid. (c) Friedrich Nietzsche