Exposing COM+ as a Web Service

Ramon Korner

I wish to configure a COM+ component to also be accessed
as a web service. According to MSDN this is done by
setting the "Use SOAP" check box in the Activation Tab of
the COM+ component properties in the Component Services
administrative tool. The Activation Properties for the
COM+ component are only to set as Server or Library. The
COM+ Component class Activation Properties are only to
Enable Object Pooling, Enable Object Construction, Enable
JIT, Component Supports Events and Statistics, and Must be
Activated in Caller's context.

Can anyone please help me identify why this option is not
appearing in Component Services? I am using .NET
Framework v1.1.4322 on Windows 2000 SP4 with .NET
Professional development environment.
Thanks,
Ramon.

Sudhakar [MSFT]

COM+ Soap Services is present only in Windows XP onwards, so you may not
find this check box on Windows 2000 machines.

Thanks,
Sudhakar