Expr syntax?, with { blah : foo }

invinfo

I recently saw this type of expression, and not having seen it before,
does it imply somekind of an associative array or what ???

Is there documentation on this ? where ?
My normal JS resource sites would be
netscape
irt.org
drclue.net
javascript.internet.com
javascript.com
faqts.com KB JS category
Others Reference Links, gladly welcomed.

the expression actually had multiple entries

{ blah : foo,
achew : gazoontite }

web.dev

I recently saw this type of expression, and not having seen it before,
does it imply somekind of an associative array or what ???

Is there documentation on this ? where ?
My normal JS resource sites would be
netscape
irt.org
drclue.net
javascript.internet.com
javascript.com
faqts.com KB JS category
Others Reference Links, gladly welcomed.

the expression actually had multiple entries

{ blah : foo,
achew : gazoontite }

The above expression is the syntax for creating an object literal which
is defined in ECMAScript v3. It allows you to create an object and
specify its properties. It consists of a comma-separated list of
colon-separated property/value pairs. So in your above expression, you
have an object with properties "blah" and "achew" whose corresponding
value is whatever the value of "foo" and "gazoontite" is at the time.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

[...]
My normal JS resource sites would be
netscape

Netscape DevEdge <URL:http://devedge.netscape.com/> is long gone.
Find some of it at <URL:http://mozilla.org/js>,
<URL:http://devedge-temp.mozilla.org/index_en.html> (temporary!)
or use Web archives like said:
irt.org
drclue.net
javascript.internet.com
javascript.com
[...]

I do not know about the rest that is cited here, but drclue.net
is definitely not to be recommended as JS resource, or any other
technique used on the Web for that matter.

PointedEars