    put in the stocks with the spammers.

    No I can only hope that a system restore will fix this.

    Lloyd Sheen
    Lloyd Sheen, Jun 29, 2004

  2. Lloyd Sheen

    Lloyd Sheen Guest

    Re: Express Version Kills Current Version - PS

    I can now run but not debug. If I attempt this I get msg that IIS cannot
    debug. I then attempt to attach. In the attach screen I notice that [2488]
    C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.40607\aspnet_wp.exe is the process.
    I did an aspnet_regiss -i and it said it was registering 1.1.

    Any ideas before I slit my wrists???

    Lloyd Sheen

    "Lloyd Sheen" <> wrote in message
    > Never mind what they tell you. Just installed 2.0 beta and no more 1.1.
    > Tried to run simple ASP app and doesn't work anymore. Ran

    aspnet_regiss -i
    > but to no avail. So anyone who tells you they run side by side needs to

    be

    Lloyd Sheen, Jun 29, 2004

  3. Lloyd Sheen

    Daniel Pratt Guest

    Hi Lloyd,

    > Never mind what they tell you. Just installed 2.0 beta and no more 1.1.
    > Tried to run simple ASP app and doesn't work anymore. Ran

    aspnet_regiss -i
    > but to no avail. So anyone who tells you they run side by side needs to

    be
    > put in the stocks with the spammers.
    >
    > No I can only hope that a system restore will fix this.
    >
    > Lloyd Sheen

    Sorry to hear that. If you

    1. go into the IIS console.
    2. select the web application node.
    3. opposite-click and choose Properties.
    4. click on the ASP.NET tab

    What is selected in the "ASP.NET Version" drop-down?

    Regards,
    Daniel
    Daniel Pratt, Jun 29, 2004
  4. Lloyd Sheen

    Lloyd Sheen Guest

    Thanks so much, even though I ran the aspnet_regiss -i it was using 2.0. I
    changed it to 1.1 and things are ok again. Is this a new tab (I don't go to
    the config too often) so I don't remember seeing it before.

    Lloyd Sheen

    "Daniel Pratt" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Lloyd,
    >
    > "Lloyd Sheen" <> wrote in

    message

    Lloyd Sheen, Jun 29, 2004
  5. Make sure you use this tool:

    ASP.NET Version Switcher

    http://www.denisbauer.com/NETTools/ASPNETVersionSwitcher.aspx

    Ken

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Jun 29, 2004
  6. Lloyd Sheen

    clintonG Guest

    Yea -- what tab? Noting I have not installed any of the beta
    yet I intend to and am completely puzzled.

    My IIS MMC shows the following tree...

    Internet Information Services
    - (local computer)
    + Application Pools
    + Web Sites
    + Web Service Extensions
    + Default SMTP Virtual Server

    If I expand Web Service Extensions I can observe
    ASP.NET v1.1.4322 but nothing in the entire tree
    is a 'web application' node nor is there an ASP.NET tab
    anywhere I can observe.

    --
    <%= Clinton Gallagher
    NET csgallagher@ REMOVETHISTEXT metromilwaukee.com

    clintonG, Jun 30, 2004
  7. Hey Clinton,

    1. Open the IIS applet.
    2. Expand the Web Sites node.
    3. Right-click on Default Web Site.
    4. From the context menu, click Properties.
    5. Locate the new ASP.NET tab.

    Do the same on a Web application such as
    IISHelp.

    Okay now?

    Ken
    Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Jun 30, 2004
  8. Lloyd Sheen

    clintonG Guest

    Ken -- I looked at properties for the Default Web Site when I first
    started reading through this post -- there is no 'tab' for a 'new' ASP.NET
    or any indication of 'new' other than a Default Web Site context menu
    item used for creating a new Web Site or a new Virtual Directory.

    I am using IIS 6 via Windows Server 2003 and I went into a
    Windows 2000 Pro IIS5 machine and see no such tabs there either.

    I'm interested in being able to quickly determine which version of ASP.NET
    is loaded and at the moment the only way I know how to 'see' which version
    is loaded is by going through the Web Service Extensions located in the
    (local computer) tree of the IIS Manager.

    This is no big deal to me at the moment as I know I only have v1.1.4322
    installed as I built this server from bare metal but I don't like not knowing
    something that came to my attention and all of a sudden seemed so obvious
    that I may have missed it all along.

    I'm going to install Denis Bauer's ASPNetVersionSwitcher anyway.
    Have you tried his ViewStateViewerDemo? It reads the contents of the
    ViewState and displays results in the Trace output but I keep getting object
    errors when trying to use it.

    clintonG, Jun 30, 2004
  9. Ken,

    I had C# 2005 Express, .NET 2.0, and SQL 2005 Express installed.

    I had the ASP.NET tab, but it would _not_ change from 2.0 back to 1.1. I
    could select 1.1, click OK, but it would not register it. I go back to the
    tab, it was still 2.0.

    I had to uninstall the 2.0 framework today to get 1.1 working again.

    The ASP.NET tab is not working properly for some reason. My instinct tells
    me there's a permission or readonly flag set improperly somewhere.

    David C

    David A. Cornelson, Jul 1, 2004
  10. Strange that it didn't show up for you. A beta issue, I guess.

    Did ASP.NET 2.0 show up in Denis' tool?

    Ken

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Jul 1, 2004
  11. I guess I must be lucky.

    As an alpha tester of Visual WebDev Express and ASP.NET 2.0 and technical
    reviewer of a book on them, I've had several versions of 2.0 on my machine
    over the last few months.

    The old stuff still works! Touch wood.

    Ken

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Jul 2, 2004
  12. Could you try these steps that were posted elsewhere to see if this brings
    up the tab?

    Right click the "Internet Information Services" link from the start menu,
    and select "Author".
    Next from the menu, select "Add/Remove Snap-in...".
    Now from the Extensions tab, put a check in the "ASP.NET Management
    Extension".
    Now click OK, then remember to save the changes.
    Go to the menu File/ Save.
    Now when you select properties for a website from within IIS Manager, you
    will have a new tab titled "ASP.NET".

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Jul 2, 2004