Expression Expected Error in Visual Web Developer 2008.NET whereas works fine in 2005.NET

Anand Ganesh

Hello Everybody,

I have a line in a Javascript function as follows

<%=ServerSideVariable%>;

This works fine in 2005.NET

But in 2008.NET Visual Web Developer this gives as warning saying
"Expression Expected" and during runtime throws syntax error.

Any suggestions please.

I use this for ASP.NET callback feature.

Thanks
Anand Ganesh

Mark Rae [MVP]

I have a line in a Javascript function as follows

<%=ServerSideVariable%>;

This works fine in 2005.NET

Please post the JavaScript function...
But in 2008.NET Visual Web Developer this gives as warning saying
"Expression Expected" and during runtime throws syntax error.

And what is the syntax error...?

Anand Ganesh

It says "A runtime error has occured. Do you wish to Debug ?" Line 35 :
Syntax Error.

The moment I comment the following then all works fine.

Very strange indeed.

//<%=ServerSideVariable%>;

Thank you for replying to me.

Regards
Anand

Mark Rae [MVP]

It says "A runtime error has occurred. Do you wish to Debug ?" Line 35 :
Syntax Error.

The moment I comment the following then all works fine.

Very strange indeed.

//<%=ServerSideVariable%>;

So what happens when you debug...? Does ServerSideVariable have a value...?

Anand Ganesh

Mark,

I am not able to go that line itself.

It just throws error even before debugger reaches that line.

Only if I comment that line my program execution resumes to normal
behaviour.

Thanks
Anand

Anand Ganesh

Mark,

This is my original problem which I have posted in another thread with subject as "Cookie Issue in IE even when Cookie is not used" in this same forum.

To resolve this cookie issue I was trying to use the ICallbackEventHandler so I can get the value from the first page to the second page.

If you visit www.advancedtechnologyworks.com you can understand my problem.

Thank you for spending your valuable time in helping me out.

With best regards
Anand Ganesh