Expression prefix 'Resources' was not recognized by designer

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by martijnkaag, Dec 17, 2007.

  1. martijnkaag

    martijnkaag Guest

    Hi,

    In our webapplications we work with global resource files wich are
    referenced as:

    <asp:Literal ID="litWaiting" runat="server"
    Text="<%$Resources:WebContent,ProgressCertificateHeader%>"></asp:Literal>

    This works fine in all projects, except one. In this project we get the
    compiler warning and generating the designer file failes:

    Warning: Generation of designer file failed: The expression prefix
    'Resources' was not recognized. Please correct the prefix or register the
    prefix in the <expressionBuilders> section of configuration.

    Compiling and running the application is no problem; even the designer
    interface shows the content of our resources, which tells us that they are
    referenced correctly. The only thing that fails is (automatically) generating
    the designer file.

    It used to work (last thursday) in the same project. The issue (which I
    suspect to be a bug in VS2005) is similar to
    http://forums.asp.net/p/1079437/1593198.aspx#1593198.

    We now manually edit the designer file as a workaround. A suggestion for a
    fix would be appreciated.

    Kind regards,

    Martijn Kaag

    ps I just noticed that my MSND licence has expired; it is in the process of
    renewal at dell.
    martijnkaag, Dec 17, 2007

  2. Try this:

    Alma del Campo, Nov 28, 2010