    --
    Regards,
    Gary Blakely

    GaryDean, Feb 24, 2007

  2. I've been working with Expression Web for a couple of months now and it
    strikes me as more of a of DreamWeaver type of development environment. In
    the Expression Suite of applications Expression Blend is the application
    you're thinking of... it works with WPF and XAML. You can find it here (along
    with other requirements):

    http://www.microsoft.com/products/expression/en/expression-blend/try.mspx

    --
    brians
    http://www.limbertech.com

    =?Utf-8?B?YnJpYW5zW01DU0Rd?=, Feb 24, 2007

  3. Expression web and SharePoint Designer are successors to FrontPage. EW
    especially is designed to be a more standards compliant design tool than FP
    was and has a similar role to fill. It's essentially another WYSIWYG editor,
    but it is a leap ahead of anything MS has put out before and definitely a
    fantastic program to use in concert with VS.Net since it's the only other
    design layout tool that supports Master Pages. It's also a darned sight
    easier to use and get good layouts from than VS's designer ever was.

    A lot of people have been confused over what Expression Web does simply
    because there are actually 4 Expression products and the featureset has
    gotten somewhat muddled between them. Expression Blend
    (http://www.microsoft.com/products/expression/en/default.mspx), which is
    still in beta, will be the product you want. It will be good at designing
    WPF interfaces, but right now isn't of much use for the web as it would
    require users to have WPF/E installed, which hasn't been finished yet. I
    wouldn't use it for web design for a while as we'll need to have WPF/E
    adoption rates to be decent before it can be used without too much pain.

    --

    Hope this helps,
    Mark Fitzpatrick

    Mark Fitzpatrick, Feb 24, 2007