Extacting the data from Oracle and writing in an Excel sheet

Discussion in 'Perl' started by Mzkhan, Oct 19, 2003.

  1. Mzkhan

    Mzkhan Guest

    Hi ,
    Here is the situation:
    I am creating a web page from a perl script.. this web page has
    checkboxes which are from an oracle table - From this page I am
    creating sql query and passing the param to a cgi file - I verified
    the SQL statement and it is correct -- now here is my problem - I am
    trying to write the data extracted from the table and writing it to an
    excel sheet.
    The SQL query is like :
    SELECT $cols from Table
    here the $cols is atleast one and could be more....(depending on the
    selection made on the html page

    I am using the following:

    while ( @name = $sth->fetchrow_array() ) {
    $worksheet->write($row,$col++, $name[0]);
    $row++;
    }
    Could someone help me with this - and also would appreciate if you
    guys can comment on the design of it- what could be more efficent way
    to do it ..;.
    Perl beginner

    Mzkhan, Oct 19, 2003