Extend Literal Control

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by shapper, Dec 17, 2006.

  1. shapper

    shapper Guest

    Hello,

    I want to create a control which is based in Literal control.
    I created various properties. Size, Name, City, etc.

    Basically, I want the Text of the literal control to be equal to Size +
    Name + City, etc.

    This is what I have:

    Public Class ExtendedLiteralControl
    Inherits LiteralControl

    Private _Size As String
    <DefaultValue("")> _
    Public Property Size() As String
    Get
    Return _Size
    End Get
    Set(ByVal value As String)
    _Size = value
    End Set
    End Property ' Size

    My problem is how to define the Literal Text property using the new
    properties I created.

    And are the following code lines ok?
    Public Class ExtendedLiteralControl
    Inherits LiteralControl