Extending Gridview to handle grouping.

andrew

I've been working on a new control that inherits gridview. The
properties are extended to take a grouping parameter. When the
gridview binds it is suppose to sort on the grouped field name and add
rows whenever the value of this field changes giving the apperance of
grouping. What i have works great on a fresh page load but gets all
screwed up on postbacks. I've searched all the gridview events and
can't seem to find one that allows me to rework the databind on each
pageload/postback. I'm curious if anyone has any ideas about this.
I've been using the OnRowDataBound event and PerformDataBinding but
they are failing me. Any ideas, suggestions where to look, events to
use? Maybe i need to consider working from the datasource level? Even
though i'd like my new control to work just like the original gridview.
Thanks for any input to my adventure. If anyone is interested in
seeing source i'd be happy to share. Thanks guys.