    explanation welcome. Thanks a lot.

    --
    Cheers, Andreas
    Andreas M., Oct 4, 2007

  2. I presume you mean extending one SCHEMA with another.

    Unless the schema is designed for it (some are) you can't insert foreign
    elements into it without modifying it (and breaking compatability
    thereby). I haven't looked at ATOM so I don't know whether/where it has
    hooks to allow this.

    You can certainly define a new schema which can contain elements from
    the existing one. That's often enough to do what's needed.

    Joseph Kesselman, Oct 4, 2007