Extending SecurityManager

oziris

Hi !

-- I'm investigating the java security features for possible use in an
application I am writing.

-- One area that I have been experimenting with is extending the
SecurityManager class and overriding the checkPermission(Permission
perm) method.

-- When I do this and call

System.setSecurityManager(new MySecurityManager()),

java returns an AccessControlException for the
java.security.SecurityPermission
[getProperty.networkaddress.cache.ttl].

-- I've expected a lack in my java.policy (I'm a novice, I try...) so
I've add the line

permission java.security.SecurityPermission
"getProperty.networkaddress.cache.ttl"

but without effect.

-- I success in accessing the os.arch property, which is by default
defined in the java.policy file, but remove the line has no effect
(that still works).

-- Could anyone help me to override the defaut SystemManager and
understand the interaction that imply with the java.policy file.

Thanks a lot.

-o--

oziris

Thanks Abigale. Major part works now.

It remains one stuff. The KeyStore JKS became unknown.In others words,

KeyStore.getInstance("JKS") returns a KeyStoreException.

If I turn back to the default SecurityManager, that works. I expect the
java.security file is no longer take into account, or badly.

Could you help me once again? :)

-o--