extensibility through routing on WS?

Thedotnetteer

Hi all.
In a recent webcast about Service Oriented Architecture on msdn, Don Box
said that we can have "extensibility" in web services (in SOAP, to be
precise) through the use of Routing.

I do not have a clue about what DB meant. And you?

tnx,
The Dotnetteer.

Jan Tielens

Maybe he meant WSE:

Web Services Enhancements (WSE) 1.0 SP1 for Microsoft .NET
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...94-2635-4D29-A90C-28B282993A41&displaylang=en
Web Services Enhancements (WSE) 1.0 Service Pack 1 provides support for
security features such as digital signature and encryption, message routing
capabilities, and the ability to include message attachments that are not
serialized into XML. Functionality is based on the WS-Security, WS-Routing,
WS-Attachments and DIME specifications.

WSE 1.0 SP1 contains important security API, scalability and performance
enhancements as well as bug fixes. This service pack is binary compatible
with WSE 1.0 and does not require code changes to your existing WSE 1.0
applications to upgrade. It is recommended that you upgrade to WSE 1.0 SP1
if you are working with WSE 1.0 or any WSE technology previews. Before
installing this service pack, it is recommended that you uninstall 1.0.