Extension to ScriptControl-OCX ?

Oliver Schuetze

Hi,

I am a C++ beginner and therefore I can solve the following problem
unfortunately not without your assistance. For a C++ professional it
is probably a minute to think about...

The ScriptControl OCX of Microsoft makes it possible to build your own
programs with VBS/JS scripting. That is simply to integrate and
documented. Only an important feature is missing: you cannot
terminate/abort a Script if you use the OCX control as VisualBasic
programmer.

In the "Microsoft Windows Script interface", there is an interesting
routine:

IActiveScript::InterruptScriptThread
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d.../html/IActiveScript_InterruptScriptThread.asp

The documentation: "Interrupts the execution of a running script
thread [...]. This method can be used to terminate a script that is
stuck (in an infinite loop, for example). [...]"

That sounds exactly as a solution to my Problem! A function to abort
the execution of a "ScriptControl.Run" call. But: the interface
"IActiveScript" is not available in the VisualBasic world. It should
be possible to encapsulate the ScriptControl again by a new OCX
(written in C++) and to pass-through all existing VisualBasic routines
(e.g. "run") and add the routines of the interface "IActiveScript".
Unfortunately I have no idea of OCX programming in C++... Can someone
help there?

http://www.codeguru.com/activex/ScriptControlMacro.html]ScriptControl

This Link is a "tutorial" for ScriptControl programming. Therein I
already fail at the first sentence: "Create A dispatch classes from
the Script control type LIBRARY using ClassWizard." Where do I find
the type LIBRARY for the ScriptControl. I have only the OCX file, but
no TLB...

For assistance and/or tip I would be very thankful!

Regards,
Oliver

Jack Klein

Hi,

I am a C++ beginner and therefore I can solve the following problem
unfortunately not without your assistance. For a C++ professional it
is probably a minute to think about...

The ScriptControl OCX of Microsoft makes it possible to build your own
programs with VBS/JS scripting. That is simply to integrate and
documented. Only an important feature is missing: you cannot
terminate/abort a Script if you use the OCX control as VisualBasic
programmer.

Ask in a Windows programming group like
or one of Microsoft's
support groups in the family. None of this is
defined by the C++ language, it is all Windows specific extensions.

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com