    Are there potential hazards with inline? It just seems like embedded is
    overkill and external just adds clutter to the *.css file.

    thanks!
    shank, Oct 6, 2003

  2. shank wrote:

    > I use an external style sheet mostly.
    > But if I have attributes on my home page that will never be used elsewhere,
    > does it really make a difference if I just use the inline CSS and move on?
    > Are there potential hazards with inline? It just seems like embedded is
    > overkill and external just adds clutter to the *.css file.

    Better to put page-specific styles into a <style>...</style> block in the
    document head. Opera does weird things with inline styles if the user
    enables their own style sheet.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby A Inkster, Oct 6, 2003

  3. shank wrote:
    > I use an external style sheet mostly.
    > But if I have attributes on my home page that will never be used
    > elsewhere, does it really make a difference if I just use the inline
    > CSS and move on? Are there potential hazards with inline? It just
    > seems like embedded is overkill and external just adds clutter to the
    > *.css file.

    the 'hazards' are apparent rather than real until you repeat the style.

    in addition it is a waste of bandwidth in situations where css is not
    supported - your favourite se spider for example.

    --
    William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com
    William Tasso, Oct 6, 2003
  4. shank

    Jordge W. L. Guest

    shank wrote:

    > I use an external style sheet mostly.
    > But if I have attributes on my home page that will never be used elsewhere,
    > does it really make a difference if I just use the inline CSS and move on?
    > Are there potential hazards with inline? It just seems like embedded is
    > overkill and external just adds clutter to the *.css file.

    i use inline styles if it's just one page. I havn't had any problems
    with it so far...

    Jordge W. L., Oct 7, 2003