External entity as CDATA

Soren Kuula

Hi,

I want to include som XML and DTD files into a DocBook document .. and I
want the contents to remain unparsed. Sort of, instead of cpoying and
pasting the code into the DocBook document :

<programlisting>
<![CDATA[blah blah blah]]>
</programlisting>

I want

<!DOCTYPE ..... [
<!ENTITY blahfile SYSTEM "blahfile.dtd">
]>

<programlisting>
<![CDATA[&blahfile;]]>
</programlisting>

Of course the above does not expand the entity; just evaluates to its
name. But it should give in idea of what I am trying to do.

Any way ?

Soren

Richard Tobin

Soren Kuula said:
I want to include som XML and DTD files into a DocBook document .. and I
want the contents to remain unparsed. Sort of, instead of cpoying and
pasting the code into the DocBook document :

I was going to say "that's impossible", but then I had an evil thought...

<!ENTITY % blahfile SYSTEM "blahfile.dtd">
<!ENTITY blahfile "<![CDATA[%blahfile;]]>">

You'll have to put that in an external subset, because you can't use
parameter entities that way in the internal subset. And you'd better
not have any CDATA sections in blahfile.

Don't tell anyone I suggested this.

-- Richard