External Server pull files from Internal Server

Daniel Di Vita

I have an application that needs to pull files from an internal server. This
is the setup. The web server is external facing, meaning exposed to the
internet. I then have a file server that sits inside our domain. I created a
COM object that can impersonate a user to retrieve files from that server.
However, I cannot get the application to pull files from the internal server.
I first tried a domain account that could reach both servers. This did not
work. I then had the network team create the same account on both machines.
This is not working either. I can impersonate the user (I am able to get the
user/users authenticated), but the script keeps coming back with and access
denied.

The application creates a wscript.shell object to zip files from the
internal server and place the actual zip on the external server. Here is an
example of the code:

<%

Set wShell = Server.CreateObject("WSCRIPT.SHELL")
strZip = "c:\progra~1\winzip\wzzip.exe -ee -ybc E:\\5200044298_1_mqh6Kw.zip
\\InternalServer\SharedDrive\1125010"

Set objLogon = Server.CreateObject("LoginAdmin.ImpersonateUser")
objLogon.Logon "localuseraccount", "password", "",2,0
Response.write objLogon.getToken & "<br>"
Response.Write objLogon.getResult & "<br>"

set proc = wShell.exec(strZip)

Response.Write "Return String = " & proc.StdOut.ReadAll & "<br>"
set wShell = nothing
objLogon.LogOff
Set objLogon = nothing
%>

The com object basically takes a username,password,domain(if blank defaults
to local box),Logon Type, and Logon Provider. I have tried several
combinations of long on type and provider, but nothing seems to work. I am
thinking that I am really only authentication to the local machine and not to
the internal server. Our network people say they have everything between
servers is setup correctly, but I am not sure. I can, using the
FileSystemObject, copy the files from the internal server to the Web Server,
but it is when I try to use the script shell that this does not work. Any
ideas are appreciated.

Daniel C. Di Vita

Jeff Cochran

[...]

What account is the script running under? Does that acount have
permissions?

Jeff