External style-sheet for disabled people.

rf

Neal said:
Example - I accompanied my girlfriend (who danced for 20 years and was a
dance instructor until a few years ago) to a mutual friend's daughter's
dance recital. There were three "teacher" dances in the recital. I'm no
dancer, but I didn't think they were all that impressive dancers as
teachers. But my gf, being a little more knowledgeable about these things,
pointed out that the teacher dance is a perfect way to show parents, "This
is why your son/daughter should study in this studio." They failed at that
- the dance wasn't either technically showy or particularly visually
interesting - and as a result of that (and other factors, likely), this
studio's enrollment happens to be going down.

In a nutshell, "practice what you preach."

Oddly enough I am also a ski instructor. To gain the certification one has
to be able to ski Very Well. So well that the student is usually in awe.

This awe engenders a great deal of trust and respect.

Teaching then becomes not a matter of telling the student what to do. One
simply says "follow me" and skis off sedately down the hill.

Only after *showing* exactly how it is done do we coach the student on *why*
it's done that way.

The first thing I do when encountering a web page that purports to teach
something about web authoring is to look at the source. The standard
misgivings usually arise :)