Extra "border" problem

Discussion in 'HTML' started by KiwiBrian, Feb 23, 2005.

  1. KiwiBrian

    KiwiBrian Guest

    Whenever I nest one div inside another I seem to get a portion of the
    outside div background surrounding the inside div content.
    In the following page there is a 1 or 2 pixel wide green side border of the
    background colour of the outside div showing which I cannot get rid of.
    I had created the div with the green background because when I inserted the
    graphic at the top of the page onto a white background, there was the same
    effect of it being surrounded by a narrow white background. in a
    manifestation of the same problem.
    I thought it might be a "white-space in the source" problem, but not so.
    The green side borders are evident in both IE6 and Firefox..
    Any help would be appreciated.

    http://www.hibiscuslink.co.nz/Education/schools/dfp.html

    Thanks
    Brian Tozer

    ..

    KiwiBrian, Feb 23, 2005

  2. KiwiBrian

    mscir Guest

    KiwiBrian wrote:
    > Whenever I nest one div inside another I seem to get a portion of the
    > outside div background surrounding the inside div content.
    > In the following page there is a 1 or 2 pixel wide green side border of the
    > background colour of the outside div showing which I cannot get rid of.
    > I had created the div with the green background because when I inserted the
    > graphic at the top of the page onto a white background, there was the same
    > effect of it being surrounded by a narrow white background. in a
    > manifestation of the same problem.
    > I thought it might be a "white-space in the source" problem, but not so.
    > The green side borders are evident in both IE6 and Firefox..
    > Any help would be appreciated.
    >
    > http://www.hibiscuslink.co.nz/Education/schools/dfp.html
    >
    > Thanks
    > Brian Tozer

    If I understand you correctly this will fix it:

    ..div3{
    border: 5px solid black;
    padding: 2px;
    background-color: #FFFFFF; /* #D3F1CD; */
    }

    Mike

    mscir, Feb 23, 2005