Extra "border" problem

KiwiBrian

Whenever I nest one div inside another I seem to get a portion of the
outside div background surrounding the inside div content.
In the following page there is a 1 or 2 pixel wide green side border of the
background colour of the outside div showing which I cannot get rid of.
I had created the div with the green background because when I inserted the
graphic at the top of the page onto a white background, there was the same
effect of it being surrounded by a narrow white background. in a
manifestation of the same problem.
I thought it might be a "white-space in the source" problem, but not so.
The green side borders are evident in both IE6 and Firefox..
Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.hibiscuslink.co.nz/Education/schools/dfp.html

Thanks
Brian Tozer

..

mscir

KiwiBrian said:
Whenever I nest one div inside another I seem to get a portion of the
outside div background surrounding the inside div content.
In the following page there is a 1 or 2 pixel wide green side border of the
background colour of the outside div showing which I cannot get rid of.
I had created the div with the green background because when I inserted the
graphic at the top of the page onto a white background, there was the same
effect of it being surrounded by a narrow white background. in a
manifestation of the same problem.
I thought it might be a "white-space in the source" problem, but not so.
The green side borders are evident in both IE6 and Firefox..
Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.hibiscuslink.co.nz/Education/schools/dfp.html

Thanks
Brian Tozer

If I understand you correctly this will fix it:

..div3{
border: 5px solid black;
padding: 2px;
background-color: #FFFFFF; /* #D3F1CD; */
}

Mike