extra css tags from cross browser rich text editor in firefox 3

lawpoop

I'm using the Cross-Browser Rich Text Editor (RTE) byt Kevin Roth to
allow HTML editing on a website I'm working on.

I've noticed that in FireFox 3, editing any text puts an extra '<br />
tags at the end, with some tabs and line breaks mixed in there.

If I keep re-submitting the text, it keeps appending those tags onto
the data.

I edit the text in IE6, and this doesn't happen.

Has anyone experienced this, and do you have a fix or workaround?

I can't really look at the source for the RTE, because it's compressed
javascript. I couldn't find any discussion groups about this app, so
I'm posting here :)

David Mark

I'm using the Cross-Browser Rich Text Editor (RTE)  byt Kevin Roth to
allow HTML editing on a website I'm working on.

*The* Cross-Browser Rich Text Editor?! There are thousands of them.
I've noticed that in FireFox 3, editing any text puts an extra '<br />
tags at the end,   with some tabs and line breaks mixed in there.
Oops.

If I keep re-submitting the text, it keeps appending those tags onto
the data.

It sucks.
I edit the text in IE6, and this doesn't happen.

Has anyone experienced this, and do you have a fix or workaround?

Never used it.
I can't really look at the source for the RTE, because it's compressed

Obfuscated. Either the author is deluded enough to think that his
editor is worthy of theft or he is trying to hide his shoddy work
(like Google does.)
javascript. I couldn't find any discussion groups about this app, so

From your description, I doubt anybody is using it.
I'm posting here :)

Good thing you did. Find another editor.

lawpoop

No.  Every one I ever looked at was junk, though most could edit
documents without adding garbage at the end.

Hm. This one I have is good, or at least good enough, so I think I can
put up with some trailing junk. Seems a decent trade-off ;)