Extra header in DataGrid

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by kumaravelan mb via .NET 247, Mar 9, 2005.

  1. I've datagrid with some data, here i would like to group that data. using one or more fields and at the same time each group will have separate header. how can i do this? please any help me. thanks in advance.
    --------------------------------
    From: kumaravelan mb

    -----------------------

    <Id>8AuTFvpkMkeSn70KRlKhPQ==</Id>
    kumaravelan mb via .NET 247, Mar 9, 2005

  2. kumaravelan mb via .NET 247

    quaester Guest

    are you trying to implement something like sql reporting services?
    so far I've done something similiar (but very simple) but not using datagrid.
    one idea for you is that, to make a nested datagrid, which means in the
    first level you pull out the group and in the dataitembound, generate another
    datagrid of the group concerned in the itemtemplate.

    quaester, Mar 9, 2005